Tuesday, April 3, 2018

WHINY OLD PAINTER MAN

Painting in Progress - Pic 2
          I have good days and not so good days, the last two being good. Actually went on a couple of short walks and I do mean short. It's a touch disheartening to find myself labouring for air when not that long ago, for an old guy I was still bouncing around in the forest and climbing up ladders. But I guess old age is like any of the other eras of one's life, although they seem to sneak up and scare the bejesus out of us, they're actually more like lovers that seduce and then embrace us. And, as a result, the strange part of being in the old age era, we never really refer to ourselves as old, it's more like "you're only as young as you feel" and the most delusional line being, "when I get old" - man - I don't kid myself - the mirror doesn't lie; I didn't used to walk around slightly bent over and when I get down on my hands and knees to do something these days, it's a real struggle to stand up again. The golden years - hahaha - what a laugh - more like the mouldy years if you ask me. But hey, even a mouldy piece of bread is better than no bread at all - right?
            But enough whining, time to finish writing this blog and get on with the day. I'm still in the midst of renovating the upstairs landing and working in the stairwell, which can be a little tricky when using a ladder. Hopefully I can get a lot done within the next couple of days, maybe finish it except for the floor because I have to head off to the hospital to get a picc-line inserted in my arm very soon. Although it may be a life-line of sorts it will certainly be a hindrance regarding any physical activity, which is something I'm not looking forward to. I've been pricked, prodded and poked so many times I'm beginning to feel as if I'm a living pin cushion or a doctor's science project. I can't believe it, I'm still whining (Slap! Just  smacked my face a good hard one!).
Photo for My Next Painting
          There! That's better! Sometimes I just have to give myself a slap and adjust my thinking or like a lot of old men, get us talking and we seem to go on and on forever, I even bore myself. I have lots of things to do today, such as start a new painting, which was commissioned yesterday by Michelle from Vancouver Island, where they probably already have lots of flowers and blossoms, not like here, about 2' of snow and more on the way. Although I'll be using a photograph, which was sent for reference, I've been given a lot of leeway especially on the layout and background. As I face the challenge of painting the flowers, I can't help wondering how the finished painting will turn out. Being given some artistic license, which I most likely would have taken anyway, won't exactly make the painting procedure any easier. Flowers are certainly beautiful, no wonder so many insects are attracted to them and although I'm not an insect (more like a bug) they should be a delight to paint - the colours are astounding.
          Spring may have arrived on the west coast and although it may be a way off before it arrives here, painting the pretty flowers will certainly make it feel a bit like Spring time at the base of Green Mountain. It will soon be great to see the buds beginning to burst on the trees and the early flowers, crocuses, snow drops and dandelions flaunt their bright petals. When the birds arrive, the freshness of new birth will soon be in the air and after this lengthy winter I will welcome it with open arms...peace. eh - Trip

 If anyone is interested in seeing or perhaps purchasing any of my artwork or would like to check out any of my stories, just click on this Etsy link.  Also, if you're enjoying my blogs and don't want to miss any, please become a follower by simply clicking the FOLLOW button near the top right hand side of the page.

Please feel free to leave a comment too as I'm always interested in someone's opinion or thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment