Saturday, April 7, 2018

PAINTING CAN BE A PAIN RELIEVER

Any thoughts for a title?
          Not one of my better days as far as pain goes so I picked up my brushes and started dabbing a little paint around to take my mind off it. Have no idea if this painting will work out but what the hey, so far it seems to be coming along. Painting water for me has always been a challenge, so painting the waves crashing on this distant shore is sure to keep me intrigued. 
          During my life, I've certainly taken a lot for granted. I just sort of figured that the world wouldn't be that much different when I started out at birth hanging by my heels in the Prince George General Hospital, a doctor slapping my little round ass to welcome me into the world. But sadly, I was duped and sold a bill of goods much like each generation after me. Anyone who can't see what's happening to our world in my opinion is either ignorant or just stupid and the problem with that, there isn't any way of talking any sense to those sort of people. A person's education shouldn't end on graduation day, it should be an on going thing until we die. But as it's happens, most of us think we are pretty smart and nothing could be further from the truth, which is why most of us have been taken advantage of and led down the garden path. The people in power could do so much good in this world if they really wanted to but there is more money to be made in destruction - nothing like a bloody good war to level cities and then afterwards go in and rebuild them. 
          Anyway, I'm painting pretty pictures to remind me of a world that was once natural and beautiful, not like now, the oceans plugged with plastic garbage, oil spills poisoning the land, and the forests being mowed down like a lawn. The air too in some places is getting to the point where it's polluted so bad, it's not healthy to go outdoors. The seas are rising at an alarming rate and the kids are killing kids on a wholesale level. A person doesn't have to have the brains of a rocket scientist to know there is something dreadfully wrong and it also doesn't take a brainiac to see that a moron like Trump and his ilk are speeding up the destruction of our planet. And in our own country, sucking up to the people in the oil industry, whether they're the corporation owners or the people who work for them is just wrong, their dinosaur thinking will have us all join those great behemoths of long ago - extinct! Whew...got a little hot under the collar there...I get a little angry and ashamed to, when I start thinking about the world I'll be leaving to my kids and there kids...peace, eh - Trip

          Also, if anyone is interested in seeing or perhaps purchasing any of my other artwork, just click on this Etsy link.  Also, if you're enjoying my blogs and don't want to miss any, please become a follower by simply clicking the FOLLOW button near the top right hand side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment