Friday, April 6, 2018

BOHO BAGS AND FEELING BAGGED

Sarah's Boho Bag
          When I woke up this morning, I gave myself a good pinch until I said, ow! I had been in such a dead sleep, I just wanted to make sure I was still amongst the living. So here I am, it's a beautiful sun shiny day outside and I'm feeling great, ready for my big day out, a trip to Fredericton. Sarah needs to do a little grocery shopping and I need to pick up a few things so I can finish laying the laminate flooring, which should pretty much finish off the stairwell and landing as far as carpentry goes. Also, I can use a break today, my old knees, legs and hips are feeling it from yesterday's down on my hands and knees fitting boards together for several hours. 
          I'm trying to get everything in order upstairs before surgery. Between failing eyesight, stiff joints and not having a whole lot of energy, this old man has made up his own language of cursing. The words are definitely spicy, there's just nothing like a great sentence sprinkled with words of profanity to make it really hit home. Oh, and these words, can't really be understood until I'm yelling like a maniac, actually seriously scolding myself because of my vanishing abilities, all of which are heading south on the last train to Tierra del Fuego.  
          Sarah is such a good wife concerning my vociferous vile comments while I'm bending nails, cutting boards too short and generally just messing up. She simply says, "I can tell when you're working because I can hear you swearing." Good thing there's usually lots of swearing then. When I haven't been working upstairs, I've been down in the kitchen area with Sarah. I've been working on some paintings and she's been busy drawing mandalas, sewing hippie boho bags and braiding small rugs, which are looking real good. Now that I'm not feeling so well and don't go out to my studio anymore, we spend a lot of time together, which is always fun bantering back and forth while we work on our artsy projects. Although our hippie trip across Canada is postponed for this year, we're hoping to create a lot of stuff to sell when we make that road trip in 2019. I'll also be bringing my sign brushes and paints too - hopefully letter some signs along the way, which I could have done while we motored around Newfoundland last year. Well...that's the plan anyway, depending how everything turns out.
          It's easy, when a person is feeling well and has energy up the yin-yang, to dream up things to do and actually believe everything will get done. Now that things aren't quite so good, I still dream up things to do but in the back of my mind, there's a load of doubt tip-toeing around as to whether or not those thoughts will mature. But then that's life isn't it, always good to give oneself goals but I believe the trick in giving oneself a goal is to give one that is attainable because then you'll always have a good feeling of accomplishment rather than one of failure. I can hear the truck's motor running and Sarah is getting impatient to leave, so stop typing Len, get your baggy old ass in gear to hit the road...peace, eh - Trip

          Also, if anyone is interested in seeing or perhaps purchasing any of our other artwork, just click on this Etsy link.  Also, if you're enjoying my blogs and don't want to miss any, please become a follower by simply clicking the FOLLOW button near the top right hand side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment