Monday, April 23, 2018

CROCUSES, HEARTS AND DREAMS OF 2019

Spring Must be Here - Crocuses are in Bloom
          I guess springtime has finally arrived at the base of Green Mountain because the crocuses just popped up their lazy heads. Although we still have some snow remaining, it's quickly melting and dribbling away. There must be a kzilllion flies outside, their buzzing sometimes louder than the birds, which reminds me, the flycatchers have returned to their nest, which is located up in the woodshed rafters. I also heard some chickadees in the forest, most likely impatient to mate and create more little chickadees. Yesterday was so warm that Sarah and I were able to sit outside in our shirt sleeves, soak in the sun's rays and enjoy a couple of cold drinks and it looks as if today will be the same.
Trip Applying Hearts to Trailer
           The day of my operation will soon be arriving (May 7th) and I expect to be recovering in the hospital for 7-10 days before going home. So, with that in mind, since Sarah is planning to stay in our "Hippie-Hangout" at a friend's place near the hospital during my stay, I removed its winter tarp and opened the windows to clear out the musty odor. While removing the tarp, I noticed some of the ropes, which were used  to secure it in place had rubbed away some of the paint in a few places, so I'll have to touch them up soon, maybe even later today. I'd like to continue painting more hippie stuff on the sides of the trailer but I'm not sure that will be happening this year because it will depend on how active I am. However, if anyone is interested in "spreadin' the love" and having their name lettered on a big red heart, which will be adhered to the trailer, I'll still be able to manage that I'm sure. The hearts are $5.00 each and can be ordered on Etsy, Facebook or even via email tripndaisy777@gmail.com. I'll also be attending the art show in Florenceville this coming Saturday, so just in case someone would like one, along with some of my artwork to display, I'll bring along my paints and brushes to hand-letter them in person. Keep in mind, the more lettering there is on a heart, the smaller the info will be and the harder to read. 
Spreadin' the Love Heart Passengers
          Sarah and I had plans to do a road trip across Canada this year in our "Hippie-Hangout". We would be almost ready to leave right now, but unfortunately we've had to postpone it until 2019. It's a bit of a downer not to be able to go but then again, it will give us more time to make some necessary changes to the trailer, like replace the fridge and stove and also buy a new mattress. Plus, it will give Sarah time to sew up some tie-dyed sheets into curtains - should be a happening place when we hitch it to the truck and head on down the highway. (And speaking of a fridge and stove - does anyone reading this blog have such things for sale? They have to be in good working condition.) Although our trip is postponed, Sarah and I are planning to take some side trips around New Brunswick and Nova Scotia if I'm up to it. We would like to attend some summer craft shows and will be looking for places to stay so if anyone would like a visit from Trip 'n' Daisy or can steer us in those directions, it would be much appreciated. 
          Even though I feel antsy, wish we were soon on our way across Canada, we'll just have to put our travel plans on the back burner, add some spice and let them simmer till next year - then - look out! Well...since it's such a nice day out, before we sit back and enjoy a cold drink in the warm sunshine, I should probably go outside and climb up on the roof to make a small repair - don't need the rain coming in...peace, eh! - Trip

My wife and I recently started up an Etsy Store a little while ago and if you'd like to check out our artistic creations just click on the link.   

No comments:

Post a Comment