Tuesday, April 10, 2018

FINISHED PAINTING THE SEASCAPE

Finished Painting
          Finished the painting yesterday. It took a little longer than anticipated and I'm glad to put that one behind me since I've been commissioned to paint a vase full of flowers. I'll post pictures of the flowers as the painting progresses, might give an up and coming painter an idea how to paint them. I've painted flowers before and why not, they're absolutely gorgeous. Besides, although spring is supposed to have arrived, we still have lots of snow, so painting the flowers will give my tiny studio a touch of spring. 
          Spring is definitely a special time of the year. It's amazing, although winter is very beautiful, it's definitely a very stark portion of the year - many things looking dismal and dead. That is, until spring pops her lovely head above the golden horizon and spreads her arms out over the countryside, all the foliage and flowers suddenly burst forth and come alive. One doesn't realize how tiring winter can be, the frozen cold weighing heavy on our shoulders, until cheery spring comes hippity-hoppity back into our lives. 
          I extended the height of the chicken run last spring but I see the constant heavy snows sliding off the roof of the barn has knocked much of the fence down. I would like to fix it as soon as the snow melts but that's not too likely. However, since this year will mostly be one of recovery, and I had to give our chickens away this winter, there certainly isn't an urgent rush to repair the fence. I glanced inside the chicken coop the other day, just checking to make sure some varmint hadn't moved in and I felt a little sad. The chickens were all so friendly and laying eggs really well. Oh well...if everything works out, perhaps I'll get some more chickens down the road.
          I believe I mentioned in the last blog what this painting represents to me but I'm curious as to what people see and what they think about this painting. Anyone have any good ideas for a title. If so, please leave a comment below. Well...I have a lot to do today so I best get started...peace, eh - Trip

My wife and I started up an Etsy Store a little while ago and if you'd like to check out our artistic creations just click on the link.       

No comments:

Post a Comment