Friday, April 13, 2018

A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION

Reference for Commissioned Painting
             Since I've been having some medical issues recently, my energy level has dropped so low, I hardly have to lift my right foot to drop kick it where the sun never shines. Fortunately for me, during this time of not being my normal bouncy self, at least as bouncy as an old man can be, before I start pulling muscles and breaking bones, I have artistic, imaginative and creative talents to entertain me, keep my mind occupied so to speak. This not only allows me to have fun with a brush and paints but also lets me expound my thoughts by use of a keyboard and a computer. The end result could mean a finished painting that's ready to hang on a wall or a short tale that's either true or a figment of my imagination. I started writing a blog about two weeks ago and so far I've had a lot of fun with it, many of the readers seeming to enjoy the articles as well - lots of good feedback. I seldom use anyone's real name and if someone should recognize themselves within the words of an artistic mind set loose like a herd of stampeding horses, please don't be offended for it is not my intention.
Sketch for Michelle's Painting
         As soon as I'm finished writing this blog, I'll start working on laying the laminate floor upstairs, which I've been renovating for quite some time. I don't feel too bad while I'm down on my hands and knees snapping the boards together, that is, until it's time to stand up. Fortunately, not being so heavy I need a crane to lift me, leaning on a hammer and pushing up is usually sufficient to get me into a standing position and of course cursing helps - the louder I swear, the more obscure the pain. Later on, I'll take my battered knees, achy back and stiff joints downstairs, set myself down in an easy chair and dig out a blank canvas. I need to get started on a painting that a woman commissioned so it will hopefully be completed before I have an operation in two to three weeks time. So thank you Michelle, for sending me a photo of a vase full of beautiful flowers and allowing me some artistic freedom with the painting - it should be a fun project and I"ll post photos as the brush strokes, like an orchestra builds towards its climactic crescendo, a symphonic explosion of colours - if only I could brush in the exquisite aroma of roses or the soft sound of a petal as it lands on the small bench, but alas, that is not within my means. Finally managed to roughly sketch the flowers and I can see this is going to be tough to paint, I'll be doing a lot of "Double, double toil and trouble;" perhaps even some inventive cursing . But hey, I like a challenge, helps keep me trippin'...peace, eh - Trip

  My wife and I recently started up an Etsy Store a little while ago and if you'd like to check out our artistic creations just click on the link.            

No comments:

Post a Comment