Wednesday, April 25, 2018

TRIP 'N' DAISY CREATIVE JEWELRY

          Unable to do a lot of physical stuff outside, like mend the chicken fence after the heavy snow slid off of the barn roof and took it out, repair the eaves and and numerous other things, I keep myself busy writing blogs, working on some crafts and painting. When Sarah and I go across Canada as a couple of reborn hippies on our 2019 road-trip, we're planning on visiting some craft fairs to help pay our costs. We've been trying to come up with some ideas, like jewelry - items that are small, easy to carry and display. Yesterday, I made some hearts, peace symbols and beads, which will be used to make necklaces or they could also be used to hang off the inside car mirror or even Christmas decorations and valentine mementos. I'm having fun making the jewelry and being able to use my hand-lettering skills is a bonus. In a world inundated with plastic, I'm happy to say, one of the features of our jewelry is that it's biodegradable.
          I'm not one for wearing jewelry much but as I was making up this stuff, since I'm letting my hair grow long for our trip, I was thinking I just might make my own special jewelry to either work into a braid or perhaps hang around my neck. Also, I could custom make jewelry for people, such as letter a couple of names on a heart or paint it in their favourite colours. Although our jewelry is unique, each piece individually created, we're hoping to keep it very affordable. If anyone reading this blog has any idea sor sayings that might be appropriate to use on our jewelry, I'd really be interested in hearing from you.
          As well as creating jewelery, I'm hoping to sculpt some small hippie type stuff too - not quite sure what sort of stuff, so am open to ideas on that one too. Since Sarah and I will be attending the art show in Florenceville this coming Saturday, it will be the first time anyone will have seen any of our hippie creations and I am looking forward to any comments regarding the finished products, see if they're even worthwhile pursuing. Our jewelry is not yet available at our Etsy Store. 
          The day just seems to be zooming by and I still have a lot that I would like to do today. And, as I look at my messy work space and the projects I'm working on, I'm itchy to get at it - not even two weeks away and I'll be undergoing an operation that's going to knock me on my ass...peace, eh! - Trip

My wife and I recently started up an Etsy Store a little while ago and if you'd like to check out our artistic creations just click on the link.   

No comments:

Post a Comment