Thursday, April 19, 2018

CANNABIS TREATMENTS , EXPLOSIVE COLOSTOMY BAGS AND ART

Commissioned Painting
of Floral Arrangement in Progress
          Life has certainly changed for me. Whereas I used to be quite a vigorous outdoorsy-physical sort of guy, because of my health issues, I'm now pretty much housebound. It's not like I don't get out, like go to town once in awhile or go for short walks, but my wife, Sarah is like an old mother hen, she doesn't like me to be out of sight for too long. I can't say as I blame her because the last time I had an episode out in my studio, just steps away from the house, it was dark, an icy wind was blowing, the snow was falling furiously and I almost didn't make it to the door. By the time she would have became concerned about me and came looking to see if I was alright, I most likely would have been frozen stiff as a board and if she had stepped on my rigid body, she would have found herself snowboarding downhill across the pasture and colliding into the big apple tree. As much as I am enjoying painting, my tiny studio taking up a small portion of the kitchen, one cannot just sit around, so I've been working upstairs renovating the landing. I finally finished laying the laminate flooring the other day, so all that remains is cutting the base boards and nailing them in place. It's an easy job but because of my low energy level and sometimes pain, it has been a much slower process than normal. I have one bedroom remaining, approx. 144 sq. ft, which when I finish laying the laminate flooring will pretty much finish off the upstairs renovations. I'll be having an operation very soon, perhaps within the next couple of weeks, so I'll be trying real hard to complete the upstairs project before I'm laid out on a table and have my guts rearranged - oh mustn't forget the plastic bag attachment too.
          Speaking of colostomy bags, since I've been a real farty sort of a guy lately, I'm wondering if I'll fart into the bag and if so, what happens if it explodes? Besides the loud bang, which would probably leave my ears ringing more loudly than they already do, I expect the whole room, myself and anyone standing nearby will be showered in shit - now, that's a pretty picture I don't want to paint, even if it's easy. I mean, all I'd have to do is mix up various shades of brown paint and then splatter a canvas with it, wouldn't even have to use a brush or perhaps I could use the actual colourful residue of the explosion.
          Sarah is busy getting ready to go into a Woman's Trade Show this weekend. She'll be promoting CBD Oil, which has proven to be helpful to some people afflicted with cancer. She gives me this oil daily plus a straight THC marijuana oil in the evenings. The oils combined with the traditional chemo/radiation treatments, which, when the doctor very recently eyeballed my hairy rectum, discovered that the tumor had shrunk significantly. She'll also be displaying some of my recent paintings that will be for sale, to help offset some of our costs. So, if you're interested in the CBD Oil or would like to see what I've been up to, please visit her at the Perth/Andover Woman's Show this Saturday.
          This summer is most likely going to be one of the hardest summers I've yet to experience in my life and as odd as it seems, I'm looking forward to and not looking forward to it. If all goes well by the end of my recovery, I'm hoping to regain my energy back. I will still have some health problems remaining, which may be more threatening than the cancer but hey, one step at a time, right? Time to get on with the day and pick up my brushes...peace, eh! - Trip

My wife and I recently started up an Etsy Store a little while ago and if you'd like to check out our artistic creations just click on the link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment