Sunday, May 6, 2018

FLOWERS, FRIENDS, FAMILY AND FASTING

Sorry Michelle - I won't be able to finish
your painting until after the operation.
          This will be my last blog for awhile because I'm not too sure how long I'll be in the hospital recovering from my operation that's scheduled for tomorrow morning. The doc told me I'd be laid up for a week to 10 days. So, that being said, if you don't want to take a chance and miss the next blog when I resume writing again, just click on the blue "Follow" button. I hope that whoever is following and reading the ramblings of this old man is enjoying what I have to say and that my words may even put a smile on someone's face or be of some help to someone who has gone or is going through similar medical issues. 
          I don't know how often I've heard the words, "Stay positive." That's easily said and although I feel I'm a positive sort of person, when the shit starts hitting the fan at all angles and I don't really have any control over my situation, it's sometimes difficult to put underlying problems aside, they keep popping up on their own accord and reminding me of my dilemma. Anyway, the slow awaiting time of turning up at the hospital is almost upon me and although I can say I'm not overly concerned about the outcome, it is still a touch worrisome, not so much about me but for my wife, Sarah and how she may have to cope without me if the operation for some unlikely reason goes sideways - we're like two peas in a pod. 
             We had been planning to stay in our "Hippie-Hangout" tonight since the operation is at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow morning and it's only a 5 min. drive to the hospital, until we realized that my bowels have to be completely cleared out. Since the toilet on the trailer doesn't seem to be operating quite up to standard, solids being primarily a problem, we've decided to stay home for the night because remembering what I went through the last time, me and the porcelain throne will soon be bosom or should I say butt-buddies once again. I just popped 3 tiny pills, which should start my bowel movements happening in about an hour and a half - no more food for me either until sometime after the operation. I can't say that I'll be looking forward to hospital cuisine, especially after my wife's fabulous cooking, almost everything organic, but I survived it before so I guess it will get me through my stay once again. Looks like until I'm rolled into the OR on a gurney, my life forward from this moment on, will be a series of enemas - gotta love those cramps and anal explosions - have to be careful not to poo my pants or the bed - it's going to be a long night and an early morning.
                 Since I have quite a few loose ends to clear up today and can't spend too much time writing this blog, I'd like to genuinely say thank you so much to all the people wishing me the best, some going way out of their way to help, even financially. Yes, your thoughts, prayers and well-wishes are much appreciated. Well...it's almost time for Trip 'n' Daisy to trip off...peace, eh! - Trip     

No comments:

Post a Comment