Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A CLOSE SHAVE AND A FIRST SHAVE

First Shave
          Thought I would try posting a blog today since I know there are people in similar circumstances as myself and have been waiting to hear from me. 16 days have passed since I had my operation in regards to cancer of the rectum; who knew such a small, hairy orifice could be such a problem? It's interesting to note that I've always had difficulty pinching off a loaf since I was a boy, in my middle years finally developing hemorrhoids, very painful bleeding hemorrhoids, which were eventually removed. It's also interesting to note, since being diagnosed with my problem, it can be hereditary, so anyone who has my problem should ask their doctor about being checked out if they are of similar circumstance. 
          My operation wasn't supposed to be as complicated as first thought, but due to having a small pelvis, the surgical operation, which was deemed to take about 3 - 5 hours, took 8 hours to complete. Luckily, I had an excellent doctor taking the extra time to help ensure that the operation could be reversed; the idea of having a plastic baggy attached to me for the remaining time of my life was not something I was looking forward to. I'm not sure if I am recovering as speedily as I should but at age 76, almost everything I did before was slower anyway
, so Speedy is hardly a name I would call myself. I realize, besides the doctor and anesthesiologist, there are others in the medical field, like many nurses who tended to me 24/7 during my stay in the hospital that have been reading this blog, so I would like to mention how thankful I am for their concerns and aid to help me heal.
          Although I have improved a great deal since the operation, I feel I am still far from being out of the weeds and will soon be undergoing more chemo treatments. Not sure if I will loose my lovely, long locks or not but if that's the case, it's a small price to pay for what I'm currently undergoing and if so, I may have to go across Canada next year with Daisy as a short-haired or perhaps even a bald hippie, something I'm OK with but I'm not too sure about Trip, he was hoping the hair would be even longer. 
           I should mention that although I feel fairly confident that everything will work out for the best, it's difficult for me, after being such an active person and hardly ever having been sick, seldom even getting a hangover after overindulging many times during my life, to be so unproductive, weak and fatigued. My energy level is at a low that I've never experienced before and to be like this can be a little depressing, the future seemingly enveloped in a fog. But hey, Trip still be trippin' - peace, eh! - Trip

2 comments:

  1. cecils hair grew back thicker than before
    hang in there buddy your friend wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Wayne - she had lovely hair and I'm still hanging in - hope to have a cold beer with you one of these days

    ReplyDelete