Friday, June 1, 2018

FRUSTRATION IS MY ENEMY

Flowers in a Vase
          It's been a while since I last wrote a blog and although I'm not really feeling like a ball on fire, thought I would try and put a few thoughts down before I begin more chemo treatments early next week because I know I'll be feeling pretty crappy then, probably have chemo-brain and light up a dark room upon entering. Since leaving the hospital, I've had good days and not so good days. I can be feeling quite great and then all of sudden, it's as if someone pulled a plug and I start fading away rather quickly. 
           I'd like to mention that during my stay in the hospital, a person (won't say who he is) in the room next to mine was as equally annoying as when he wasn't sick. Although I knew him, I was worried that if he recognized me, he would have wheeled his skinny-ass into my room, so I constantly avoided any eye-contact with him. And, taking precautions, when the cleaning staff went through my room and placed a sign saying, "WET FLOOR" in the doorway, I asked them to leave it there, in case my neighbour mistakenly thought my room was his. One morning, he stopped in front of my doorway and began arguing with one of the nurses, eventually yelling out, "Jesus Christ!" 
            I was about to answer, "He's not in here, could you please look elsewhere," but fortunately, I held my tongue because it may have started up a conversation or more likely an argument I would have regretted. One day, when a nurse told him he had poop all over the back of his wheelchair and they had to clean it off, I had to laugh when he exclaimed, "No! I like it like that!" When I first realized who my next door neighbour was, I felt rather angry but as the days went by, he became my entertainment and I even felt sorry for him at the end, especially since no one ever came to visit him during the two weeks I was there. I had to remind myself that it's easy to criticize someone else less fortunate and until I've actually walked in their moccasins, it was best to keep my opinions to myself.
               Because I'm about as energetic as a soggy noodle, don't exactly sleep well during the night, it's frustrating to spend much of my time watching movies and programs on Netflix in a prone position. And, since I've been called lazy, should at least be painting, although I'm not really interested in dabbing paint around, I've decided to resume the "flower in a vase" painting, especially since it is a commissioned piece. I would like it completed before the chemo treatments begin and besides helping towards my unexpected medical expenses, it will feel real good to get something accomplished. And, while I'm thinking about it, if I haven't already, I would like to thank everyone who has sent "get well" cards and even donated money anonymously; I can't believe the amount of people who have been so helpful in so many ways; it is most appreciated...peace, eh! - Trip

My wife and I recently opened an Etsy Store and if you'd like to check out our artistic creations just click on the link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment