Friday, June 15, 2018

STILL SHUFFLIN' ALONG

View of Walk Around Our House
          Trip may not be trippin' the Light Fandango but at least I'm still shufflin' along. As most of the readers of this blog know, Sarah and I are going through a bit of a tough stretch but what you may or may not know is, although we haven't really reached out for any aid other than what comes with my problem, many of the people in our community, neighbours and friends and from afar as well have been very generous and thoughtful towards us. I cannot stress
enough about how good they make us feel and how much we appreciate their concern and generosity.
            Many people may knock our medical system, but having experienced much of it first hand, I'd like to mention that unlike our neighbours south of the border, I haven't had to mortgage my home or sell off my first born in order to pay for my treatments. From the staff who cleaned my room to the doctors and nurses who looked after me during my stay in the hospital and the Mural Nurses who visit me on a regular basis at home still tending to my needs, I have the highest respect for their professionalism and their concerns. 
             Something I found a little odd about my regular visits to the hospital is how many people find it unfair that they have to pay 2 bucks to park their vehicles, for as long as they want to, in the parking lot. From what I understand, the money collected is used primarily to help pay for the Internet and other things in the hospital that are useful for the patients and their visiting families and friends. Until these people have had to park their vehicles in other hospital parking lots at a cost of 2 bucks an hour, they should be thankful for such a low cost instead of complaining or parking down the road with their engines still running to either keep their vehicles cool in the summer or warm in the winter, which probably costs more than 2 bucks in fuel. For almost 77 years, I've hardly ever been sick or taken any pills, ate and drank as much as I pleased, didn't even get hangovers, I can honestly say, when my health suddenly went sideways, the last thing I thought about was the cost of parking our vehicle. 
             Since the thunder storm and rain, the sun shining gloriously today, I managed to do a few laps around the outside of the house without being attacked by a horde of blackflies or squeeters. Since I'm almost certain that my blood is toxic at the moment, I'm surprised that they find me delectable. I can't stress enough how important it's always been to me to be part of Nature and how even a leaf holds me in awe, so to be outside, able to smell the scent of the forest and touch a tree, gives me great pleasure. Actually, the simpler things in life, much of which we take for granted and carelessly destroy, are the most important aspects of my existence...peace, eh! - Trip            

No comments:

Post a Comment