Monday, January 6, 2020

McGEE, ME AND GRAFFITI

          It's a wee bit lonely here on my own, but luckily, I have McGee for company. He thinks he's a tough little guy and loves to get outside and play in the snow. I could easily just sit, watch TV, play on the computer, especially since I have hardly any energy. The snow is deeper than he is tall but since there is a slight crust, he's able to dash about, whereas me hanging onto the leash right behind him, it's somewhat of a trudge. We go out three or four times a day - it's his poopoo-peepee and play time for him. When we first brought him home, I was worried that he wouldn't like to go outside because it was so cold and snowy, but he's a real going concern - nothing holding him back - I'm usually ready before he is to go back inside.
          There's a big 30"x40" canvas sitting near my bed, which I've been staring at for a long time. A painting of a nearby lake was commissioned by some friends but they don't need it until April. I've always been used to fast deadlines, so I'm not sure when I'll get at it. When I freelanced in my younger years for a couple of national ad agencies, I would have to produce an ad, cartoon, illustration or some other type of artwork by usually the next day, which I actually liked, gave me more of a challenge. I've roughly sketched the scene on the canvas but it doesn't hardly look like anything. Thought the ready to paint canvas would give me some incentive to start painting - hmm - hope I don't let it go to the last minute before I pick up a brush and let the paint fly.
18"x2' multi-media painting on canvas
         
      I've painted a lot of different stuff over the years, even graffiti on a garage door in Toronto. I was in Toronto recently and was happy to see, unlike some of the other artwork in the immediate area, the taggers have left mine alone. I don't know why, but I never took a photo of it, so I can't post it here on the blog. This painting is sort of graffiti on canvas, which I had fun creating. I was going to paint a sign painter standing on a ladder to give the illusion how large the letters are but never got around to it. Can anyone tell me the title? Leave a comment if you think you know.
          Looks like wee McGee has woken up from his nap, so I guess I'd better take him outside, let him do his thing and run around too. Time for me to stretch as well, have to keep myself as active as I can...cheers, eh!        

No comments:

Post a Comment