Monday, June 17, 2019

WONKY-EYED PAINTER, POET but not a PHLEBOTOMIST

2'x4' acrylic painting 
          Despite my eyes being wonky - seeing double and blurry - I managed to finish the Ottawa Senators train painting. It's a good thing I painted the train first before the eye surgery otherwise I doubt the painting would have been finished - the logo and wheels would have driven me to drink, which would've be a good thing because I'd really love a beer. However, that being said, alcohol is taboo - haven't had a drink for 2 years - can't take the chance. That's one of the pleasant things I miss - a nice cold beer with a bite to it. 
          Now that the painting has been completed, I'm not quite sure what I'll do next. Perhaps I'll take up bull fighting, sky diving, car racing or become a jockey. Actually, since I've laid around for so long, I could probably get a job as a professional mattress tester or a portable paper weight. I've brought taking a crap to a whole new level as well, I've become a porcelain throne king - now if only I had a kingdom to reign and a crown to wear - mind you, the toilet paper rolls stand to attention when I enter the bathroom. Seriously though, I need another project, just one that doesn't need good eye sight - anyone have any ideas?

              I've been a rambler, a gambler
              A midnight lover, didn't blow my cover
              A writer, a fighter and a toenail biter
              I've been a painter, a fainter
              A know it all poet, don't you know it
              I've been poor and slept on the floor
              Nothing to eat, not even a purple beet
              And I've been rich, called a son of a bitch
              But what's a name in the life game
              I've been knocked down, a not so funny clown
              Laughed at, a cool cat and even a brat
              Over my shoulder, into the wind I've spat
              And I've been an optimist but never a phlebotomist 
              So take a chance, dance, prance or make romance
              My advice is to roll the dice
              Seven come eleven, not everyone goes to heaven
              But take a risk, tisk, tisk
              Don't be a wannabe, a cry baby or a wallaby
              Life is what you make it, grab hold and take it!

               Hmm... I'm at a loss for words, for something to say, so I wrote that quick little poem. I think there's a message in it but I can't really say what it is. But sometimes it's good to be a bit of a scribe, prescribe, describe and if possible, imbibe...cheers, eh!  

               
                     

3 comments:

  1. FACEBOOK COMMENT -VICKI EARNEST - Cute story and the painting looks great. So did your cataract eye surgery not go so well? You said you doubt the train would have been finished after the surgery.

    FACEBOOK REPLY- The surgery was fine but since I have a scar on my eye, everything I see has a slight shadow, Also, since the other eye still has a cataract, there's a great difference between them. If I had the surgery before I started the painting, the detail of the logo and the wheels would have been too blurry. The eye doc is going to laser the scar off and he says that should take away the double image - hopefully he's right. Thanks for your kind comment concerning the story...cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FACEBOOK COMMENT - PAIGE MILLER -that's definitely amazing 💓💓

    FACEBOOK REPLY - thanks Paige - you're too kind - Trip...cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FACEBOOK COMMENT - LEAH L. ROSBOTTOM - He really does amazing peices of work! lovely Len.... opps I ah, mean "Trip" talented indeed!

    FACEBOOK REPLY - thanks Leah - it was definitely a challenge and I like challenges...cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete