Saturday, April 6, 2019

SHORT STORY BOOK FINISHED AND JOYFUL RAINY DAYS


          I finally finished editing and completed a few illustrations for my short story book, so it's now ready for self-publishing. A brief description of each story is on the back cover. Probably like a lot of writers, I draw from my own life memories and experiences and such is the case in three of the stories - of course I write a lot of bullshit too, but hey, that's one of the perks and joys of creating characters and messing with their lives - having them fall in love, kill people and have all sorts of schemes and twists. While I was writing A SURE THING, I occasionally had tears in my eyes because it was at the racetrack that I really got to know my dad - a true gambler and honest and loyal to the enth degree. The front cover shows me holding Rough Road and my dad standing beside me. (I am interested in getting some pre-orders for this current book $15 plus shipping if required $5 within Canada - I am accepting e Transfers and you will get it HOT off the press! Please email this link!)
           Although it's snowing at the moment, the weather appears to be getting warmer and instead of  rain has been falling more frequently. I know some people get depressed when it's cloudy and rains but I've mostly derived enjoyment from being in the rain, perhaps not so much when I drove a motorcycle because visually it can be a problem. Since my wife and I live on 50 acres out in the boonies where the bear and deer roam, we don't get too many visitors especially on rainy days. And boy can it pour, one would think we were living in a tropical jungle at times. And thunder and lightning! How exciting is that?
          One hot summer day, a few years ago when I was still able to leap a bar stool in a single bound, the thunder rolled in and lightening lit up the whole place with a deafening crack. The rain was pouring down so hard, almost stung my naked body as I ran out and stood under the end of the eave trough - good time to take a shower I thought. And like I said, the odds of someone visiting during a storm is like betting on a 30-1 long shot at the horse races. But, wouldn't you know it, two old ladies drove in asking for directions and there I was standing with my ding-dong hanging out! I don't think they saw much, maybe my old wrinkly saggy ass as I fled around the corner. I've gone skinny-dipping many times with some hot looking women in my day so I'm not too shy about dropping my duds but on that day, it was time to high-tail it.
              I haven't been swimming in the nearby lake since I've haven't been feeling very well the past two summers. There's a probable chance I'll never swim again, but I'd sure like to dip my toes in the Pacific Ocean at least one more time - it's on my bucket-list - as well as visiting Haida Gwaii (Queen Charlotte Islands). There's a tree that grows close to the shore near Tow Hill, where I camped for a couple weeks and I'd like to give it one last hug...cheers, eh! 
             
                

No comments:

Post a Comment