Tuesday, July 9, 2019

TRAVEL ALONG WITH TRIP 'N DAISY ON THEIR MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR - to be continued...

             Living near the base of Green Mountain can be really rewarding, since it's not uncommon to see a dainty deer nibbling in the swaying grass or a big old black bear strolling through the yard. Since battling with cancer, 3 operations combined with chemo-radiation for almost 2 years and still on that bumpy, curvy road of recovery, I sometimes let my imagination travel where physically and financially I'm unable to ramble. I had dreams of a cross-Canada trip in our Hippie Hangout (1973 Falcon) and painted it all up for its maiden journey and that may still occur next year but for now, I simply just open the door and imagine I'm someplace else in the world other than in the driveway. And poof! Just like magic; I'm off with Daisy by my side for an incredible magical ride.
          The other day, the humidity was as thick as a damp sponge and the mosquitoes were as big as my fist banging on the door, when my Daisy and I made a dash from the house to the Hippie Hangout. How we managed to get through the door without letting any of those pesky critters inside was beyond me. While I was sipping a near-beer (can't drink real beer anymore since the last time I imbibed I went blind for a short spell) and Daisy was chasing an olive with her fingers in her glass of gin and tonic, I just let my mind drift and abracadabra, the trailer began shaking. And before I knew it as I looked through the window at the psychedelic colors whizzing by or perhaps exploding inside my head, our driveway turned into a highway and not being too much different than Dorothy's yellow brick road to the land of Oz, we were on our way! 
             It seemed like only an instant had passed and it must be so, since I hadn't yet taken a swallow nor had Daisy plucked the olive out of her glass. There we were, truck and trailer parked on a majestic iceberg at the North Pole of all places. Now, I've voyaged to the northern hemisphere before via sailboat that hammered its way through the ice but never like this. And if being parked on an iceberg wasn't surprising enough, when we stepped outside, you wouldn't believe the astonished expressions on a small group of Inuit hunters. Their maws were so wide open, they could have swallowed a beluga whale whole. Dressed in bright tie-dyed hippie-fashion shirts and bell-bottom jeans, Daisy's hair adorned in flowers and wearing beads around our necks, like the trailer, we must have looked really out of place too.
             However, in these remarkable days of holograms, space travel and not like the arctic days of old, it wasn't long before we became great friends, the hunters even shared some whale blubber with us. And as we sat and chatted, I thought why not and went back inside the trailer and got something we could all share as well.
          As we passed the bong around, the stories we all told began to get more absurd and the laughter even louder. And of course before we knew it, the munchies set in, so Daisy brought out a huge platter of tasty morsels, which we happily devoured in short time. Since the sun doesn't set (24 hours of daylight) in the arctic at this time of year, we had a great day of merriment before the Inuit paddled off in their kayaks. The quietness that ensued was as sparkling as the glistening ice, not a mosquito could be heard. However, when we spotted a prowling polar bear ambling towards us (humans on their menu) we decided to head inside the Hippie Hangout. Not being sure if we were in danger or not, I let my imagination take over and poof!...cheers, eh!

To be a follower of our magical mystery tour - follow this blog or our Trip 'n Daisy page.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Trip - I am forever by your side - through adventure and misadventure - for real and in our imaginations - peace and love my handsome - Daisy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loves my Daisy, my beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hold on to your britches Doreen because you are not going to believe some of the places my imagination is going to take us and the means on how we get there...cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FACEBOOK COMMENT - Mike Strothotte - Catch an ice floe before they all melt!

    FACEBOOK REPLY - you got that right Mike...cheers, eh!

    FACEBOOK COMMENT - Kari Davis - That is awesomely cool

    FACEBOOK REPLY - there's more to come...cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FACEBOOK COMMENT - Michael Saunders - What a great imagination Len🙃 Your trip will comE. Judy

    FACEBOOK REPLY - thanks. I'm trippin'...cheers, eh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Trip & Daisy.ive been so fortunate to do e erything on my bucket list. 3 years ago, I went cross-country in my TD. Have camped for over 50 years, every state except Hi.Hopefully, in 10 days leave from FL and head north for a month or two, looking to hit New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. And did make it to Ireland for a month 6 years ago. To me, the planning is as much fun as the journey, and I love finding little treasures along the way. The Dignity Statue at a rest area in South Dakota,. The Indian Mission in St Ignatius. Montana, the sculpture garden in Missouri, the little county Park along the a river. These are the places you don't find in a guide book. Need to find your blog and follow your adventures. Prayers for your continued improving health

    ReplyDelete