Monday, January 13, 2020

BEER AND WILD WOMEN - HAHAHA

Wearing Nothing but a T-shirt!
             I don't know how many old geezers out there have a problem sleeping at night. When I was young, I could stay up late, knock back countless beers, dance the light fandango with wild women, party on like there was no tomorrow, the night would never end and it was a hell of a good time. Now I drink near-beer (the last time I had only one real beer, I went blind for 20 minutes - not good) and I wouldn't know what to do with a wild woman and the only party I'm interested in now is the Green party - the rest of the parties are leading us down the garden path to oblivion in my estimation. I used to go on Facebook and check out some of my real friends and some of my fake friends as well, to see what they were up to, and now, I go on to see if that moronic president south of the border and his brainless followers have started WWIII. Of course we're all to blame for the tragic state of the world because let's face it, the 99% of us far outnumber the 1% filthy rich and we are allowing them to get away with their demands and why - because almost everyone of us embraces capitalism and would like to be rich like them - our dooming legacy to the Earth.
          But let's forget about our fragile Earth and all the assholes that are hell-bent in destroying it for a lousy buck.  Let's get back to being an old geezer and like a lot of other people my age, I don't kid myself by saying, "I'm getting old". Man! I am fucking old! Old as dirt and fart dust - that's if I'm lucky; sometimes it's gooey and wet - ewww! 
          My wife (Sarah or Daisy, depending whether or not we're in our alter ego stages) is still in Nanaimo but will be home on Wednesday. Although I've really missed her, I haven't be totally alone, talked to a few people the past almost three weeks and had several visits from Starr Peterson (kinda keeps an eye on me). She's brought me delicious home-cooked meals, home-made brown bread and has done my laundry among other things. No,! Not that!  Whatever are you thinking? As I said earlier, "I wouldn't know what to do with a wild woman". I've kept myself pretty busy, doing dishes, cooking and other household chores, which believe it or not is quite fulfilling, considering about this time last year, I was laying on an operating table while the surgeon, Dr. Singh-Ranger detached a colostomy bag, rearranged and reattached my guts. Man - in comparison to this time last year, I feel real fortunate - not to mention being still above ground. Also, if I want to be real busy, I've recently acquired two commissioned paintings and two signs to letter but I think I'll wait until Sarah arrives home before I get started on those jobs.   
          As some of you readers may know, we have a new puppy (Bobby) McGee. The thing about McGee is, trying to train him to go outside for a poopoo-peepee is not easy. Usually he will whimper a wee bit to go outdoors but he does that too if he's ignored and wants to play. And wouldn't you know it, last night around 2am he whimpered, which isn't totally unusual - puppies poop and pee a lot - just like this old geezer. So, there I was dressed in nothing but a T-shirt as I crawled out of bed listening to my joints creaking and cracking with every movement. As I rubbed my eyes, I could hear the howling wind slapping the freezing-rain against the window - the last place I wanted to go was outside. And wouldn't you know it...when I groggily turned on the kitchen light to put on my heavy winter coat and gum boots, there was McGee all curled up with one of his soft cuddly toys and sound asleep. For weeks now, I'd been concentrating so hard listening to the puppy's whimpers because I didn't want him doing his smelly business in the house, I wound up dreaming about him. On the positive side, at least I didn't have to take McGee outside and the timing was right on because I had to head upstairs, pinch off a loaf and take a leak...cheers, eh!       

2 comments:

  1. Try establishing a regular routine for taking McGee outside. Definitely first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Also take him out about every two to three hours in between. These intervals can be increased in length as McGee ages and develops better control. When he's outside, keep an eye on the area under his tail. When it starts to develop a lump, there's a pooh on the way. Tell him to "Find a spot and go pooh." Keep that mantra up until McGee does his business, then lots of praise, hugs etc. I have done this with all my dogs and they know what they have to do when they hear that phrase. They still gets lots of praise. My last Bouvier even pretended to do her business on several occasions, giving me "the Look" , "But I don't have to go!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the advice Sandie - I'm doing everything pretty much as you say - when I tell him "it's time to poopoo-peepee" he knows what it means and almost always goes on cue - I wish I could say the same for me...cheers, eh

    ReplyDelete